In A Life Full Of Care

There is a famous saying, "In this life full of care there is no time to stand and stare." This is very true. We are all running behind things we love n things which love us. Humans always are on the eternal quest to find ultimate happiness. In order to find this so called ultimate happiness we have to understand what happiness means. it does not refer to the search or attainment of wealth or knowledge or love of a dear one. People have often thought of the above mentioned three things as yardsticks for reaching cloud nine. This is not true. This reminds me of a story about a a rich merchant. This is how it goes.......

Once there was a rich merchant named Shantha Kumar. however the SHANTHI(=peace in Hindi) was only in his name. Despite of all the wealth, good health and high amount of power and education he was always unhappy. He wanted to solve the problem once and for all. So he went to a sage and reported his problem."Ho wise sage! I am a very rich and influential man. I have all the riches in the world yet I lack happiness. Can u provide me a solution?" The sage thought for a while and said"Sure my son! I will indeed be of service to you. You can go away today and come back tomorrow. I will teach u the manthra for happiness. When you come bundle all your wealth into a bag and come." Shantha kumar has some peaceful sleep that night.The following day he had packed all his wealth into a bag and left early in the morning to see the sage. On reaching the sage's hut he said,"Oh wise sage, I have brought all that you had asked of me. Please do tell em the manthra for happiness." Before the merchant could complete the sentence the sage came out took the bag full of wealth and ran away. Shantha Kumar way petrified , disgusted and shocked.He felt cheated and betrayed by the sage. He stared to chase the sage. He ran behind him for about an hour. Finally on the course they came back to the sages home. Suddenly the sage stopped and gave the bag back to the merchant. Shantha kumar was shocked. Before he could say anything the sage said," My intention was not to run away with your wealth. I have no desire for it at all. I wanted you to realize the importance of all the wealth you have." The merchant understood what the sage meant. He thanked him and left the place with the exact amount of wealth he had initially but with more happiness and content than ever before. This is what we all have to learn.
Life if full of joys many small ones and some small ones. It is we who have to suffice our heart with what we have and yet tune our mind and body to work for our betterment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transparent

The beggar

Why I love Chennai