The case of the missing Phone



It was a normal Monday. As usual I got up late. There is something intensely special about the sleep in the Monday morning. I have had the pleasure of enjoying it every time. My mother was never too strict about my punctuality she believed in joy not discipline. I am fortunate man. My wife too enjoys sleep so she doesn't push me down the bed early in the morning. So I am a happy man who has enjoyed Monday morning sleep till my fascinating forty years of age.

However I must warn you this Monday morning sleep does have its side effects. Like delayed office work, getting caught in traffic (most people are late like me).Despite its sour end it is the best. Ask any soul who has been bitten by the sleep bug and is an eternal friend of the sand man. I must go to my office at 8.30 today. So I got up at 7 after the infernal sound made by the alarm in my phone. It was on snooze from 6 or so I thought. I sluggishly took to my daily morning duties in the bathroom. This is the task of the days which charges me. I came out of the shower to see my wife still sleeping like a child on the bed. She was just a ripple under the quilt. Her physique was very tender but very charming. I was forced to shift me gaze from my wife towards the mirror. My physique was a stark contrast to that of my wife I was on the bulky side. "Not that fat honey" is what Renu would say but I know that it is just to console me. The clock in my room showed 7.35. It was an antique clock gifted by my dear friend for my last year birthday. Oh how I wish I could freeze time. With a big sigh I set my hair and walked downstairs and strapping my favorite tissot watch to my hands. It was 7.40 in that beautiful deep blue dial. I went into the kitchen to make my toast and prepare fresh juice. I gobbled down my breakfast and came near the door and took the car keys. I felt some thing was missing. I couldn't find what it was my laptop was near the door. It is generally where I leave it.

Then the fact hit me hard on the head. "My phone" oh my god it is missing. I hurriedly ran towards the land line to make a call to my phone but it was on silent. I had spent 15 minutes in searching it. The time became 8.15.i am going to be late. This was one of those moments in which I cursed my self for being a late riser. I was worried. It was no just a phone it was blackberry. It had information of all my appointments. To tell the fact it was the only thing on earth which knew my plan of the day. I was frustrated. I had called my phone 6 times all ready. I became frustrated and sat on my favorite sofa. It helps my think. I had my phone last night. So it must be in my home somewhere. Well that is a consoling fact. I wanted to try calling my phone one last time. My lucky number is 7.So let me test my luck what if I didn't leave it in silent. It’s a desperate try but I must do something. I pressed the call button. I could feel some thing shaking. I got up instantly. I thought that it might be an insect. I couldn't see it so I sat again. I felt that vibration again. At that moment an idea struck me. I was speaking to my friend Christopher yesterday night on the sofa. I put my hands into the sofa I tried searching to the best of my ability. But I couldn't find it. I tried the other side. "Bingo!" I found my phone. I held it tight and took it out. One of the springs seemed to like my phone. It scratched me. I think that I didn't like me taking my phone back. I was bleeding mildly but I was happy to have my phone back. I put a band aid on my finger and went near the door. My phone vibrated again. It was my partner, "Hey where are you? Please don't tell me that you are not out of bed yet. You know that it is an important meeting..."
"Hey Rohit!Chill.See you at 15!"
"Well that is nice to hear.The meeting is at 9.It has been postponed so drive safe! see you."
"See you!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transparent

The beggar

Why I love Chennai