Why I love Chennai



I have been to about a dozen cities in the world. Chennai has always been close to my heart in multiple levels. I enjoy travelling to new places but noting is as beautiful as Chennai. It has a certain vibration and positive feeling to it. Trust me I am not being biased in any sense. There is a list of reasons which made me fall in love compulsively with the city.

  • First thing anyone would suggest tourist to visit in Chennai are the beaches. They are the prima donna of this virgin land. Kissable blue skies, endless limits of water which rubs ones feet and tonnes of shining sands. Pure heaven.
  • There are so many temples in the city, in all possible shapes and sizes.
  • The sweet sound of Tamil. The language has various forms and is very lovely. Personally I am not that good in the language. But people who can indeed speak it well are gifted and on the top of my admire list.
  • Chennai is known for its heat. But it never kills anyone. I makes one shed liters of water. When there is a mild breeze we can feel the presence of God.(I mean it)
  • The winter rains are the most beautiful. After the rain the roads will look so clean and pristine, trees so green and fresh. Makes even the most boring and old thing looks like it has regained its lost beauty and youth.
  • Dew filled mornings are worth dying for. Some times fog in the December morning makes us forget all possible worries and when the fog lifts so does our hopes.
  • Ah how can I forget this Food! This city has so many food joints for rich and poor, old and young like wise. I am a vegetarian yet this city has lot to offer on its platter.
  • We can hangout in so many places in the city. But warning! Your imagination is your limit. Just follow your heart and drive to where ever you want. Chennai will give you something to do.
  • I just love the Chennai's life line-its trains. It has its own bad face but a day without it would freeze life of many in the city.
  • Movies! They are an integral part of life in Chennai. Let it be an outing with friends or a nice romantic time with spouse, always include movies on the itinerary.
  • I cannot think of a time when there are no political flags adorning the city streets. It has become a part and parcel of Chennai. The city decorates herself with such color and lights during meetings by some lame politician.
  • It always gives hopes and new opportunities.
  • You can be any one in this city and still feel comfortable with it.
A week from now I wont be in this city. All I can say is that my heart belongs to this city. I love each and every street and lane. So many memories attached to this city both good and bad. All of them I shall treasure. There is one thing I must do before I leave Chennai. I want to take pictures of all the places I have been to and love in this beautiful city. I will be tough to kiss Chennai good bye. I am going to absorb all that this heaven on earth has to offer for me. Love you Chennai <3 <3 <3 :-*

Comments

  1. The reason why u love chennai is so nice. We al love chennai

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was born and brought up in chennai.. A few things i hate about chennai is that we have no acceptance. New languages are not welcome here.. people are narrow minded and everything. As i grew up i went to realize how backward thinking was the environment that i was brought up in. I think we should stop thinking about ourselves and start taking chances by allowing people, languages and culture into our society. And honestly, politics is shit in chennai!. Step out of chennai to other places to see how you are loved and greeted. If we truely love chennai we should stop blowing our own trumpets and let us grow.
    As an initiative, for the past couple of years i never dropped trash on the roads, waited for traffic lights, started out by keeping my home and surroundings clean. most importantly, I listened to people from other states and countries rather than teaching them the importance of tamil and letting them know how old it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every City has its Flaws. Happy to know that you are working on fixing them and you have indeed inspired me to do the same :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Transparent

The beggar

My faith