OOPS...Missed the bus

Any one who studies in a college which has a bus will know by now that it is both a boon and a bane. Boon in the sense that no need to face the heave traffic all by yourself all u have to do is sit back and relax. Most times enjoy a nice sleep too. All is well till.....we miss the bus...
This is what happened this Friday to me and might happen to anyone any other day...
It was not best of the Friday mornings I have had but not the worst or so I thought.The day started with a phone call form my close friend with news of the sad demise of her dear uncle.Thought I do not know him I did sympathise for her greatly. I tried to gather my scattered thoughts and when about doing my regular work and getting ready for college. Generally my bus comes at 6.55 in the morning. I have a habit of being there before ten minutes.My walk to the bus-stop helps me gather my thoughts, connect with nature and bring in the happy mood.But I was running late it was 6.45 and I was still hunting for my signals and system assignment.At last after a long search I found it. Knowing that it was very late I asked my mother to drop me in her two-wheeler to my bus-stop. However all this was done for me to know that I had missed my bus. Then again it was a chase with my mother to catch the bus. I was fortunate enough to catch a bus of the neighbouring college due to the kind hearted nature of the driver. Then I had to walk to my college entrance.Trust me it was the longest and hardest 500 meters that I have ever walked or should I say run.I ran as fast yet as dignified as i could with my high heels(what a mistake!).Well you might think that my problem was all over and that I am save that is where you have gone wrong. This is where the problem intensifies...THE GATE.Coming till the college is not the problem but the fact of entering it is the big deal.There stood the watchman.I didn't know what to give as a perfectly valid reason.My feet were tired my heart palpitating and my watch read 7.35.Too late for any bus but not for classes.Scared too much to ask but left with no choice I said with that puppy dog face and sweet voice,"Anna(brother) I missed the bus! It came early.(Defending myself and not giving away for my ego)"He asked a very sensible question"Then more students would have come late if your bus was ealy." I had perfectly the right reason"Sir i had I.V. yesterday so I did not know about the preponded timings."Then on seeing my worried face he allowed me in and said"You can go in but don't walk!"My college buildings are nearly one kilometre inside from the entrance.The I asked if I could use an auto.He said that I could do so.He was kind enough to get me one auto.Then I caught an auto and went into my college at 7.45.Well most of my problems were over by then except oh God breakfast!(I must mention that I am a foodie and need right food at the right time.)There was some food at the food-counter.I am the kind who loves to enjoy her food slowly.But God had spared only 5 minutes for me.I ate fast and walked or should I say ran towards the second year I.T. block. Well my day had stated bad but i did honestly tried to finish it good except for my aching stomach and leg my day was not bad or so I thought.Well it could have been worse.All this would have been avoided if my friend had informed me about the bus timing(well we all do forget dont we).Well everthing happens for a reason and so did this.Because of this incident only I am blogging again.I had to shout out this story to the world.It might be insignificant to most people well even to me when I think of it later but this is one college memory that Ill never forget.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transparent

The beggar

Why I love Chennai