Julie and Julia

I had recently seen the 'Julie and Julia' movie.I must say it was a treasure.If you ask people what they liked it they movie then without hesitation most of them will say food. I do second that thought. However food credits are second on my list.

The first thing which struck me was the beautiful relationships which existed it the movie.All relationships in that movie are worth mentioning.How ever by stereotype I too will place the love between the 2 lead couples on top.The next favorite is the relationship between Julie and her mother.That person never appears in the movie but it has been skillfully developed.It is not easy making yourself feel and look important when you siblings are signing off deals in billions of dollars and you having only a small yet secure government job.

The actual transformation in Julia from a person who cannot even make boiled eggs to becoming artful enough to write a cook book on french cooking is very noteworthy.She has this never die spirit.She did not yield into the pressures of the publishers and cut short her book instead pursued it with more passion.Imagine re writing the whole thing.Especially in a world where copy paste does not exist!The very thought is terrifying.But passion drives her through.My favorite scene is when Julia cuts onions at home as a practice.It is cute and also shows her passion.

Julie was like an advanced version of Julia.She too had a modest life and an desire to do something new.One thing they both shared was adulation for food.Another nice thing was the portrayal of Julie's husband.Any man will encourage his wife but will get temperamental when her passion overtakes her love for him.

And yes the food it was all too beautiful.As a blogger I know who precious all comments from readers are.So I could relate to Julie and adore Julia.Please catch the movie.Its yummie trust me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transparent

The beggar

Why I love Chennai