Vedanthangal

Guess what I am on my way to Cochin via Trichy Pollachi and Guruvayur. My family is know for its ill planned but by chance a pleasant and well executed trips.We started form Chennai today morning at 10.My father was insistent that we must visit the bird sanctuary on the way.

On the way to Vedanthangal we went to a temple.It was by chance that we actually went there.It was Srinivasa Perumal temple. The main deity's name was quoted previously.However the Ganesha there was the piece de resistance. The Ganesh idol was called as Vara Sidhi Nava Graha Vinayagar.It was love at first sight. There are certain temples you feel close to very soon.This was one such a temple. I do not know if it was God's will or just plain luck that we went there but every second that I had spent there made me feel His divine power.

The Vinayagar had all the Navagrahas in various parts of its body and narasimhan at its back. The presence of Lord Shiva and Srinivasa was to symbolize that they are at par and their deities in peace and co-existence.The idol was large and well made.The hero of the show was the priest.He was a old but strong man who had mastered English Tamil and Sanskrit(These are the one that I have acknowledged).He spoke on humanity and love for God.We had our spiritual moment then paid of the Anna Dhanam(donation of food) then left with a new rejuvenated heart.

Then we went to the bird Sanctuary.It was a beautiful place.Just imagine thousands of birds coming from palaces like Russia to Vedanthangal to escape the harsh winter.It was a beautiful scene.It was a sight of sour eyes.I will put up all photos on my blog as soon as I get back to home.

The prime a Donna was the small monkeys.They were really cute and witty.I abhor all animal.Its actually mutual fear that iv sensed.Never have i felt real love for animals.Beyond all that even for a non animal lover and a second timer to the sanctuary the place was great.Its an awesome picnic spot.Next time I go it will be for a nice family lunch with nature and the breeze.

The next place we went to was Otaikudi.Its my paternal grandmother's native.It is a small hamlet on the banks of the Cauvery.It brought back may nostalgic memories for the old and new experience for the new. The place as such was nice except for the road.It was a nigthmare.The roads were not laid it had newly strewn mud which was wet and slushy due to heavy down pours.It was too much for a Santro to handle.I got to meet certain relatives and merry making. Then we left to UchiPillayar kovil.

Anyone who has gone there will tell you about the beauty of the Deity and the panoramic view.It is some thing you get to relish only after hard work.There are hundreds of steep steps to climb before seeing God.I am no great athlete.Personally speaking I am suffering from mild acrophobia(I think so).The worst thing was not the climb but the crowd.I am claustrophobic(I certainly have this. I have mortal fear for tight lifts,caves and anything in closed spaces.).The crowd was too much but worth all the pain was the glimpse of the Lord Ganesh himself.He looked divinely majestic.He was thickly coated with sandal paste and adorned with jewels.We went in at 7.45.It was a close call because the temple doors close at 8.Again a close call.

Now I am back home after a good dinner just forcing myself to keep awake till 12 to wish my dear sister a happy birthday.I got her a gift too! But it's a surprise.Ill post about it soon. Sadly I must wake up at 5 tomorrow in order to leave for Polachi.Let us see what Pollachi has in store for me.So far so good.I hope it gets better.
P.S:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KEERTHANA!

Comments

  1. Nice dispatch and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you on your information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to know that it was of some use to you :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Transparent

The beggar

Why I love Chennai