Skipping Christmas!

I am an ardent reader. I am not author specific of type specific. Any decent author would do.Lately when I had gone to the library I took a book called "Skipping Christmas" by John Grisham. I was impressed because the ides seemed great. Plus this novel has been featured as a movie hence all this motivated me to give that book a shot.

As a book its actually a drag.First 150 pages of the 227 page novel shows the odds the lead couple have to face due to skipping Christmas. I must have know about it before though. I have read "The broker" and "The juror" by the same writer. Both the books were engaging but not exactly gripping. The writer has his own pace of story telling which takes some time to adapt to in each novel irrespective of the fact that you are reading nth novel of his. This is no revolution but the idea sounds great.

Ask any kid what does Christmas means to you he or she would say :"Food, clothes, Decorations and of course Santa himself with the gifts!"All is well with merry making.It is the hideous aftermath that most people dread.The infinitely long bills for things which had no value as an experience of material worth.All the haul and stress in planning.Not to mention the flab that accumulates after the festive due to excess eating.What is all this is skipped and what if we go on a cruise a pleasure cruise. This is the hitch of the movie.

Anyone getting influenced? If you have not started spending this season think about it.Its nice.I don't say skip God just skip all this show of wealth.Go to church and pray but let Christmas end there then transport yourself to an exotic location.For the ones who are doing this "Bon voyage!"

The idea sounds great to me.I am a Hindu.Hence no Christmas anyway.But I did fancy skipping Pongal.How delightful it must be.May be next year I must do that and spent the cash on a family trip to the Andaman. But this might need a lot of persuasion.Wish me luck!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transparent

The beggar

My faith