Isha foundation

I had recently gone to Isha foundation in Coimbatore. It was founded by Sadhuguru Jakki Vasudev. I have read few of his works and seen many of his orations;indeed I was captivated. He was no God man promising people sure place in heaven. Instead he was like a tree for people who tended to be climbers instead of trees them-self. In course of time he taught the climbers to morph into trees.

Since I had an adulation for the person and his methods I have long wanted to go see the foundation.It was on 29-12-2009 that I actually got the opportunity to go.The road to Velliangiri hills from Coimbatore was picturesque.We went to a temple devoted to Lord Shiva before we went to Isha.The temple had very lucid and intricate sculptures. It was built by the king Karikala Cholan. It was a sight for sore eyes(I had just been to temples in Kerala which were not this spectacular).

When we parked our car and got out we heard strange noises of people shouting. If I heard it else where I would have called the firemen and police. On further investigation I came to know that the sound originated from a program that was being conducted in adjacent building. It was some healing method is what people told me. The whole idea didn't appeal me. Actually it turned me off.

It made me ponder if the base of my faith on this so called cult(It is not a cult) is justifiable or not. Well to answer it I must experience it. We were given instructions on how to behave(Rule 1 please don't spoil the peace and serenity). There was a trinity containing 3 faces of God we all kept silent and meditated. Meditation is not my strong point.I didn't know what else to do so I closed my eyes and thought about the Shiva lingam.

When I opened my eyes I noticed that my party had advanced leaving me behind. Then all the women in our family went to the Thertha Kunda. It is like a mild artificial falls where in the middle was a huge Lingam. People must resort to ablution then dress in orange robes provided by them then take a dip. For the less experimental(like me) you can just cleanse legs and arms then dip only legs in the water. The place did not amaze me much.May be my self image of the place was at an acme where reality could never keep up. Not impressed yet!

Finally we all were ushered into the meditation hall.It had a huge Shiva Lingam.There were small domes engraved into the wall which served as caves to meditate. The building was dome shaped. We were the last to enter(as usual) hence could not find an empty dome(I really wanted one). We resorted to sit on plain floor there was plenty of room there. For solid 15 minutes I meditated. I do not know what that term means even now. All I did was think about a Shiva Linga on top or a lush green mountain and a lamp lit next to it. I didn't know that I had so much concentration. Without my own knowledge or will i felt tears roll down my cheek.It felt sweet because never have I cried due to internal peace. We cry when we are too angry,sad, happy,helpless or frustrated. We forget that peace is also a state. I felt a wave through my spine. The whole experience was paranormal. There was nil sound except for the reverberating sound produced by reflection the inevitable coughing by the sick. The whole 15 minutes are very precious to me. It made me see and feel the God with in. I could follow my every breath carefully.My music sir said that breath follows the word "Seetha". I used to plaintively nod but I actually realized the gravity of what he told.

When 15 minuets were up all of us felt refreshed all of us were silent. After 5 minutes it was my uncle who broke the silence.He pointed towards the golden Shiva Linga. It was on the backdrop of the mountain. It was a spectacle.

After so much of divinity we decided to get in touch with life again hence we all had scrumptious cakes and kulfi. I still have the earthen pot as a token of memory. However I know Ill never forget the way I felt.

P.S.:There is a free meeting on 6th in Madipakkam, Chennai from 6-7.30. Check the link for further details.
http://www.ishafoundation.org/component/option,com_program/program_id,2846/task,details/

Comments

  1. I fool be familiar with a few of the articles on your website trendy, and I really like your style of blogging. I added it to my favorites web age muster and will be checking stand behind soon. Divert repress out of order my put as well and vindicate me conscious what you think. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Transparent

The beggar

Why I love Chennai