Lost one thing found another


Yesterday taught me two important things. The first thing is wear jean to places you can because they contain pockets. Ill discuss about the second later. I am generally a very careful person not to the point that I make check lists and double check or so but to a point that I keep a metal track of things which are important(the trivial things are mostly forgotten both a boon and a curse). Sadly I lost my bike’s key yesterday. This has never happened to me. I have been regularly using the two wheeler as my mode of transport. The area where I parked was laid with sand hence there was no hope of finding the lost key.

I had bid goodbye to my friends and put my hands into my bag to hunt for the key but no success. If I had dug into a mineral rich ground so much I could have touched the minerals with my bear hands. I   was searching over and over again but no luck. I was very disappointed. So I thought that I must go check it in class. When I went there two girls were still there clarifying doubts with the sir. I got in and searched thoroughly. The other two looked puzzled at my odd activity and they inquired. Then taking sympathy on me they both offered to help. One girl went to the watchman to get a torch light while the other helped me to continue the search in my class. They we all came down and searched the area fully without leaving a spot still no luck .I was more frustrated than scared. Then I called my mother and informed her about the mishap. She got frustrated. Generally she is a person who keeps her cool but she was about to finish work and rest that is when I asked her to come with a spare key. I tried not to give her extra pain but I was left with no choice.  Reluctantly she said that she would start immediately. I will take a good 20 minutes from my home to reach in the mean time we searched again this time the watchman also joined us. He was on old man but age was kind to him. He kept cursing the school for bad management and poor hygiene.   He was relating this incident to a similar one some time ago. I was plaintively saying “Yes!” and “True!” with occasional nodding of my head. My mind was not here at all. After half an hour of search nothing all efforts went futile. I thanked my classmates and asked them to leave as it was getting late.

In all this I was planning for a movie with my brother Bharani. I was waiting for my mother and hence I could not hold back such a comic e vent from him. I had lost my favorite earring and my two wheeler key on the same day. But it all seemed like an adventure to me. I still remember what I said to my brother “I am happy I can write a post about it in my blog.” These are the exact words that I had uttered. Wouldn’t life be a drag if not for such small mishaps? Life will get boring if “All is well always”. We need minor pitfalls just to learn that we too can get up and move on.

People who I didn’t not even know came forward to help me. Even a kid who was around 10 came to help me. He joined his mother also into the force. This world is full of nice people it’s only during times like this that we realize it. One sir stayed back for me. I m taking this as a chance to tell a heartfelt thanks to all who came forward to help me. “Thank you” for without all of you I would have been in a state of panic. I might have lost a key but I found that God is in all of us and he comes to help you when you are in trouble. The second thing I had learnt is that Avatar is still running house full shows on weekends.(SOB!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transparent

The beggar

Why I love Chennai