My faith


I was on the way to my home from a temple with my dad in the car. I had nothing much to do and hence was tampering the music player. My dad was silent and didn't mind my child like naughty work with the player. On the way my father saw a coconut vendor and stopped the car to get some.I decided not to get down but thinking dad would need a hand I got down to help him. I was staring without a blink at the trade center in the opposite side.Not that I like it much just that I like to do that.As the saying goes in this life full of care there is no time to stand and stare. Lucky me I had that time. Well not for long.

I heard a lady's voice call out "Sir!" Her voice transported me back to the present age.She had addressed to my father. "Yes!" said my father."Sir, I think that you are a Hindu."My dad did say anything he just nodded. Our religion was very obvious because of the kum-kum on our fore head."Sir! then you are among the unlucky!"Again my father didn't utter a word.My father is not very religious but does enjoy his daily prayer and visit to the temple. Most of all he hates others who preach their religion to be the best.Generally if any one uttered such harsh statements he would go red with rage and argue but he was calm and let her reason out."I was a Hindu.I under went untold miseries." She sounded so dramatic that she made me listen the most puzzling part was that ny dad was still listening.He has innate and developed ability to talk and win anyone to his side.But he silent.May be he has changed.No way he was waiting for the right time just like how a cheetah does before it hunts down its prey.

She went on talking"I have gone to many temples and done many poojas but no result.Then finally one day I decided to become a christian. You see Jesus came in my dreams. "My eyes were not on her but on my father I was noticing his irritation turn into a "Wait ill toss you" look.Him lips were in a straight thin line slowly it was becoming a smile.Of all reactions a smile? That to for my father.Odd I must say."Then..." said my father."Well then, I became a christian and now I am rich and happy with my family.No religion is better than mine"

My father gave a sheepish smile and said"You know what mam, I was a christian before. I had a loss in my business, my child became sick and a lot of misunderstanding in my family.Then I had a vision that Lord Shiva came and blessed me so I became a Hindu.Now i have my own home, you see my daughter is in pink of health now.All is well and good!" He said so paid the vendor and left.I went behind him like a little child.But I did turn to look at the lady she was quite puzzled.I went near my car then only did I realize that I had dropped my handkerchief there hence went back to get it.The vendor said "What your dad said is a lie i think but I do support it not because I am a Hindu but because there is only one God HOPE in form of LOVE."I smiled and left. Thought the rest of the journey I remained silent as I could. However the words uttered by the vendor kept ringing in my head.

Comments

  1. Superb!!.. I appreciate Chithapa's presents of mind... and I wonder about that vendor's broad thinking..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanq actually i was not present during that incident keerthana was only there that too it was before a long time.I just made the vendor say what I felt plus I did not want to hurt the sentiments of other christians

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm Grrrrrrrrrrr !@#$%^^&* No comments pls...

    Anand
    http://www.cogzidel.in

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehe dont wry anand i will not do such comedies again

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Transparent

The beggar

Why I love Chennai