Be who u want to be!


I was traveling in a local bus from Guindy to T-nagar.I happened to overhear the conversation among the people(Not that I wanted to eavesdrop their conversation they were just 2 loud about it.)There was a young woman around 28 years of age.She had come with her daughter who I thought was around 4 or 5 years of age.She was indeed not the cutest of the lost but her face had something special in it.It attracted your eyes towards it as if like a magnet.Another lady was sitting next to them.She was a friend of the girls mother I think.

The other lady asked Kalpana n her mother(That is her name according to my knowledge or at least that is how her mother called her so.) about general things like school and so on.Kalpana kept giving sharp answer's.Then came this question."What do you want to become when you grow up?"To my surprise two unrelated almost oxymoron like answers came from Kalpana and her mother."Dancer" said Kalpana "Engineer" said her mother.What a contrast I thought.There was a moment of discomfort between them.The other woman smiled and said"A dancing engineer!"

This might be fine and a normal story.But there is more to it.The child may or may not become a dancer but her mother will not favor it in any means.Dream coming true or not but pursuing your passion is important. I wanted to become a bio-technologist my patents were ready to support me emotionally and financially.But that profession will put me in a position in which I will have to leave my country hence I lost my love for it.Even now I take my music and writing seriously.My family did help me approach a publisher.That is when I learned that there is a lot of hard work to be done before I become a writer.I am in the working phase.What ever I want to be my family had, has and will support me.But not all people are lucky.

What you become in life is another thing but parents must just let children be, be themselves!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transparent

The beggar

My faith