Stars so bright...


Stars are really beautiful things.This is a world know fact.But I found more profound sense to these heavenly bodies for an old man in a temple yesterday.I happened to go a temple called Vadivudai Amman in north Chennai with my family.The ambiance of the temple was very different.It seemed to be more like a beach in the front than a temple.The ground had fine sand and the wind blew my hair in all directions possible.It was a sheer delight to me senses but not to my heart.When ever I go to a temple I expect peace and solitude. So on first sight I was not at ease with that place.

We were about to enter the main part of the temple that is when the current went off.I must say it was dark at first but then the sky and lamps came to the rescue.I never knew that the sky can look so beautiful till then.It took some time for my eye to adjust to the darkness.Einstein said that there is no darkness it is just the absence of light.Well we are all so busy looking at things under light that we forgot to see those small things which give light.Let it be the star or oil lamps light in the temple or the fire flies in the air all were simply magical.I felt more closer to God.I think that God is not in the stone carved in the temples but the moments in life when you realize how small you are.The starry sky made me feel humble and small.At the moment of darkness even the fire fly seemed more superior to me and closer to the stars.

In the mist of all that darkness we walked only with the light form the oil lamps and the display of our phones.Suddenly I felt like as if I was in the past I enjoyed the silence.There was no sound of the fan or any other electronic instrument.At first the silence was deafening and heavily frightening.But slowly I learned to love it.We all carefully made way into the temple where the idol of lord Shiva was placed we silently chanted our prayers.When I opened my eyes the current came.Well the magical feeling had disappeared.But the way it made me feel will always linger in my mind as an evergreen memory one which will not die anytime soon.

So next time you want to feel the God in you just switch off the man made things next to you and go stare at the beautiful sky.It has more to say to you about life that life itself.

Comments

  1. always in this super fast world...we are running out of time and missing the small..small things which give us so much of happiness..everything is turning out to be artificial n our life is gng into another part forgetting the dominant power..we believe god to be in sky and the relatives whoever passed away would twinkle in as the stars....so i like stars...good and interesting one..keep it up..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Transparent

The beggar

My faith