Beware of Robin Cook


I am a very vivid dreamer. I sleep about 6 to 8 hours a day and have dreams that are crystal clear when I get up. That is good and bad. Good because I get to laugh at my minds imagination which at times defy logic. Bad because it hurts me emotionally at times. Then there are dreams and places which show up too often. I have often wondered if its only me or most people suffer like me.

I read up on some articles and found out that, most people do not remember their dreams and there are a few like me who do remember most of it. This is no boring post about why dreams come and so on. It is a post about 2 of my most funniest dreams. Considering the people, place and plot of the dream. Here begins your journey into my dream space. There are 2 stories. One really old I have put them up in the best way I can. So, here it goes:

Dream 1:

This is a dream that get quite too often. This is kind of weird. There is this tortuous road with greenery on both sides. I am in a car with my family. We drive peacefully. But there are spots where the road climbs steep like a roller coaster almost straight up. The height is nearly equal to that of a building with 4 floors. The angle can be take as near 75 from the ground. I m serious, its no joke. Up we go in the car. I m generally in the rear seat. Then down we fall. I can actually feel that I am falling. Some times I wake up in fear.

Other times we land down safely and continue our journey. In the latter case we go to this beautiful villa. Which is made up of gray stone and climbers covering the entrance. I have the key to the house. We all get in and the rest is unclear. I can remember the bush that have blood red roses in the lawn. I cannot remember any other house in the vicinity. This dream has occurred 5 times. Once I got up mid way.

Once it developed. We actually had neighbors. I went to visit them with cake. Just to find a dead man in cold blood. I run out screaming. Totally disturbing!

Dream 2:


You must all be wondering why I titled this post as "Beware of Robin Cook". I am hoping that most of you have read his books namely "Abduction" and  "Invasion". If you have not, shame on you. Better run to the nearest book store and buy them and read them too. Both books are great works of imagination and perfect blend of fact and fiction. All hail Robin Cook! Well I had a dream about a week or so back. I was like a full featured movie. I remembered it well then. Hope I can gather the pieces honestly and to the best of my cerebral ability.

Its so complicated and thrilling, that when developed can become a new fictional best seller. Here it goes. It all starts when a group of marine biologists dive into an volcanic sea bed. I happen to be one of them(please don't laugh). The water is so very cold hence hostile to life itself. We dive deep in a submarine. The water in the sea bed where volcanic activity seems happening is warm and hospitable. There are many tiny and shiny life forms. Others go out in diving suits and collect samples. There are there little shinny, glowing red animals. I wont forget them. We get back to dry land and started to process the samples. I never got into the water. I was in the sub.

The following day our research leader fell seriously ill. I remember that he died. Then the people who collected the samples took long leave. I knew something was wrong. I told a friend of mine. I just remember that it was a guy with glasses. Looked more like my cousin Bharani. But seriously I have no clue who this friend was. So with this friend (whom we are going to call as friend) a private investigation was started. I suddenly noticed that most people in my research lab were behaving like they were hypnotized. Always so secretive and behaving like members of an esoteric club.

I was a pure veggi never touched food in the lab cafeteria(even in my dream I had food priorities;)). I found that all these weird people were dancing to a common tune it was like as if they lost all sense of reason and blindly followed someone. The number of brainless goons increased both in the lab and in general public.

They seemed to infect more people through the food they eat. That was favorite of most people: Chicken (I know my dreams are weird). Their motive is to better the human society by making us war hatter, environmentally friendly and more human. All nice but they decided to do this by removing the bad weeds. Kill the bad and kill free will of the rest. I found this with my friend. We started to go away from these freaks. We go to see some sane scientist guy who happens to be in a flat which looks lot like my school from the outside. We speak to him for some time. Just to realize that he is already a part of them.

We run as fast as we can... And there ends my dream. So what do you thing? Enough masala to make a SiFi?

For the ignorant(those who don't read Robin Cooks book) this story is a perfect blend of Abduction and Invasion. I told this story to my friend Karthik Anand and my sister. Both of them think I've lost my nuts. Might be so but I loved that dream, more on its way!   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transparent

The beggar

My faith