Bubbles


Sitara a pretty young girl just 7 years of age was very happy.She was going to see her nani(Grandmother).Her grandmother lived in a very remote village in the foothills of the Himalayas.Every year in her summer vacation Sitara would go there with her parents.She was the only child of Rahul a stock broker in Mumbai and Radha a classical singer by profession.So Sitara's life was mostly spent with her friends and neighbours.The summer vacations were the only time when she got to spend some quality time with her near and dear.

But Sitara was not ready to complain.She loved her nani very much.Every time she went she had something new to learn from nani.This is one such a story of compassion between sitara and her nani.It would be better if I narrated it to you as an extract for nani's dairy.
EXTRACT FROM NANI'S DAIRY:

DATE:12.10.1995

Today was all hassle and joy.I do know that my words sound like an oxymoron but that is what I felt.It is the time of the year when my daughter her spouse and most of all my angel Sitara come over to stay.I was very busy making all preparations.The train came to the station at around 6 in the morning.So I had to arrange for a driver to go pick them up in the morning.Ramu was always a nice boy and has been my driver for the past 7 years.He is generally sweet and a Darling it is only when he has work early in the morning does he get cranky.Then I was after Lilly making sure that the breakfast was made perfectly.In all this I just couldn't hide my anxiety.If not for my damn arthritis I would have danced.

I was waiting to see the outline of my black santro or at least hear the jarring sound of the horn.Silly Ramu,he never listens.He always loves to use the horn.He calls it precaution.I prefer to call it noise.

At last my moment came.I was very happy to see them.How much Sitara has grown.She just is soo beautiful.I know that one day she will grow up to be a smart and beautiful girl.I gave a warm hug to her and Radha.My god Radha has rinkles already.My poor child!She has graceful features.Very tender.It complements her beautiful voice.She was always passionate about music.Rahul gem of a guy.Not much of a change in him actually.The old sweet natured mild spoken man who I met 9 years back.

We all had a good breakfast.Lilly had proved her skills again.The all took reat till noon then took a shower and got ready for lunch.At last Sitara is eating by herself.She was a little fussy about food always.

We chatted near the fire place and Sitara insisted that we all played so is what we all did.In the evening we all took a stroll in the park.Radha wanted to make special dinner so went in the car with Rahul to go and get the ingredients.Sitara was bored so we decided to go to a near by market place.

She was fascinated by the colorful local artifacts.I could almost see her eyes shine in joy.She saw a vendor selling bubbles.The soap bubbles always used to fascinate me as a child so i got her two bottles.Actually one for the child in me and other for Sitara.We went back home at around 7.I was getting too drafty and I dint want her to catch a cold.

Radha was in the kitchen with Lilly.Radha is the only person who can get work done for Lilly the way she wants.It is a talent that I don't possess.Rahul was lost in the t.v. updates about the share market.I'm not to complain it is his job.

Sitara and I sat down and tried our soap bubbles.Poor sitara could not blow them.She was blowing too hard.She kept saying "Nani my bubble not working."I asked her to keep trying.Her bottle was over.She had that sad look.I taught her that she had to blow softly in order to get a bubble.So she did not immediately but slowly she got the hang of it.

I think that life is life soap water when you want the achievement bubble we must dip hard work.In order to get success we must blow softly and carefully similarly in a problem given by life also we must be tender and careful to reap success.Just like the bubble the success is only for some time and not permanent.Do ponder.God teaches us a lot form small things.This is what bubbles means to me.

Oh no it is around 11 in the night.I must get up early in the morning to go to a temple.See you tomorrow dairy.
love
-Kalpana

Comments

  1. on the whole it was a very light feeling n cute little story. i enjoyed reading it and especially the part where u explain the way kalpana eagerly waits for her grand daughter, it really worked out well but i feel u could have added a little more surprises in it n i also liked the way u conveyed ur message with the bubbles........which kalpana n her grand daughter bought;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Transparent

The beggar

My faith