Princess of the rain....


Some of you might think that I have some kind of eternal love for rain or some thing what to do it seems to enthrall me and drag all my attention.But this is not a tale about rain but a little girl who made me feel humble.Here it goes.

My water proof fast track watch showed 7.30pm.I was caught in traffic.The traffic in Chennai's suburb is very bad.I was on my trusty green scooter.It was drizzling hence I was on full gear with my raincoat and helmet.I had kept all my so called prized possessions like my cell phone and books safe and out of the rain.It was getting late.I kept staring at my watch since I had nothing better to do other than that.As if staring at my watch could make time run faster of make the traffic clear.Well I didn't have anything else better to do anyway.

The rain god became more furious hence all people sought refugee under roofs of shops and trees or what was left of it.There has been illicit felling of trees in Chennai in recent month.Well coming back to my rain problem.I thought that a little rain could do no harm and decided to go ahead.But once again God proved me wrong.I stopped my two wheeler and sought shelter under the roof of a shop.

It was a very tiny shop.The place was more of a slum actually.I had no interest of staying there too long.I was getting worried,it was getting dark,my tummy was going into vibratory mood due to hunger.The last I ate was at 12 at noon.Generally I am a person who is a foodie.I need constant supply of food to keep me going.On top of all this I had hell a lot of work to be done before I go to college the next day.Well all seemed to be on the gloomy side to me.As usual I was lost in my own thought.

My stream of thoughts were brought back to reality by a girl humming"Mazhai... mazhai .."(rain ...rain..).She was a small girl I think perhaps in her 3rd grade or so.She was soughing wet form head to toe.I couldn't but help noticing how she enjoyed herself in this horrible rain.All the rain water had collected to form a gutter in front of her home(as I supposed it to be).She was jumping with joy.I had decided not to bother.Just before I could drift into my own thoughts I heard her say"Hi akka.."(Hi sister) with a bright big smile.How can I avoid an innocent smile of a child.I too said Hi with the best smile I could put up with.
she was praising the rain.I was in no mood to do so.The rain stopped all my work.She said"Do you like the rain?"I was not I mood for all this but there went my reply"May be at times I guess,,.."She kept silent for some time and then said"why do you look so worried?"My mood was bad enough already all I needed was a ten year old kid councillor.But I must be polite so there went my answer"Well,I have work but I can't go home due to rain"She said"Hmmmm....well work is always accumulated but rain it comes only once in a while do come and enjoy it with me.All I did was smile.The the rain slowed down.I gave her a chocolate from my pocket and left.She gave me an enthusiastic "Bye akka!"I put up the best smile I could and went away.


She filled my thought when I came home.What she said is right not only in case of rain but also in life.Life is filled with too many tiny happiness like the rain but our mind is clouded with thoughts of pending work or worries and hence we fail to notice it.

She taught me to see the silver lining in the cloud and the I'M POSSSIBLE in the IMPOSSIBLE.Well our life is short so why spend it worrying instead let us face the life's challenges as a game and not a burden.

Since that incident I take time off to enjoy rain and at times even hum and do a little dance int he rain like my "Princess of the rain."

Comments

  1. Everyone of us come accross such experience in life, but good thing about you is, you observe each and every moment in your life & one more good thing about this post is, it made me think to observe happenings around me. Unfortunately i lost that childhood :((, thank you for rekindling my thought process...

    Anand
    Cogzidel Technologies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you,I dont know if I am a very good observer but I have a capability to act like I have one;)...certain parts of the tale are not true but I wished it had turned out that way

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Transparent

The beggar

My faith