Food not just a concept....


I am a person for a reasonably well off family and hence have never experienced lack of food or any other such discomforts faced by the have-not's.To me food is joy a sense of pleasure to my taste buds.It was always given it the right time in the best way available.I could never think of the other side of the reality where people cannot even afford a square meal a day.Yes it is true day too in an developing country like India it is True for a large number of people.
I have read about people dying due to lack of food all that was just news to me before I had an experience with the have-not's.It is a very small yet moving experience after which food became bit more divine in my eyes.Here is that tale for you.
It was a special day.It was my the 50 th marriage anniversary of maternal grandparents did I realise that truth.It was a very special day.We all got up early and got ready in our finest clothes to go to the temple where the rituals were to be held.It was very nice the whole family with cousins, uncles and aunts all getting together and meeting.Good home made food was made and once the rituals were over we all had food.It was a true delicacy.We have a practice of making excess food and giving it to the needy.So after we all finished our lunch we distributed food to the beggars who were there.Unfortunately we could not offer much to a little girl.The vessel was empty or so we thought.The girl asked for more.My mother said:"There is nothing left.I will give you money buy what you want."Saying so she was digging into her purse.The little girl said"No mam there is still some more rice left.."She cleaned the vessel properly and took even the last bits of rice that was left.Then she thanked us and left.

Ever since I have become more sensitive towards food.God has blessed me and the alike with ample food and more.So why waste?Never play with food,it may be just food for you and me but it is a rare sight for may in India.....

Comments

  1. Hi madhu,

    This is really a nice experiencein your life and the good thing is you have shared this in your blog, which will enlighten many people like me. Really i'm touched by what the lettle girl did, we are are blessed with silver/golden/platinum spoons & we have never realised the value of food and money.

    One more thing that added value to this post is your narration, you have natural talent for story telling and writing and i suppose you realise that like how you realised the value of food.

    Not everone will possscess this talent and like i said ealier, i recommend you to consider writing short stories and novels, i can help you in publishing them.

    Anyways blogging is a good start and keep up the good work and be consistant.

    Regards,
    Anand
    CEO
    Cogzidel Technologies
    http://www.cogzidel.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good one Madhu! Keep writing more and as said do enhance your writing skilla and put it to good use!

    Cheers
    Viji R

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Transparent

The beggar

Why I love Chennai