Lift Manners?



I had been to city center in mylapore Chennai recently to see a movie.The show timing was at 7.10 and it got over at around 10.We decided to take the lift because our 67 year old grandmother was rather scared to take the escalator.It seemed to be an endless wait.I am a person who doesn't mind taking the stairs that waiting endlessly.But I did wait as per my mothers instructions.I did insist that I and my sister should take the stairs instead of waiting.But my mother wanted all of us to go together.At long last the lift came but alas! it was full of people.There were a bunch of rural folks who were waiting near the lift.The were like a pack of hyenas guarding the lift entrance.The did not even let people from the lift get out.It was a pitiable sight.I thought that man was evolving to be more civilised and here we are fighting to get into a lift?Are we going to die if we wait for another 5 minutes?I know money is time but I also know that manners make a man humane.

It is not where all this rubbish stops.I am a kind of observer of the man kind I love to spend time to see the different types among our own species.Well the ones I was observing were of the category 'annoying'.The whole bunch of hooligans(I don't generally use offensive words until the deserve it).The lift was on excess load.The operator asked anyone to get down.But no one was ready to all of them kept staring at each other till the operator pointed out two people.Why such insensitivity?Why such lack of etiquette?

Well that is not the end of the game.We got into the lift after a long wait.A father entered with a son and a daughter they had an enormous bag wiht toys n clothes in it form lifestyle.The next floor came the bag was in the way the dad kept daunting the son to move it.The poor boy was only around 6 years of age and lithe.The dad was a round heafty person.He didnt even move a finger,his daughter would have been squashed in all the croud he didnt bother to carry either his 2year old daughter or his bag.Even when we all got down at the basement parking the boy carried the heavybag while the dad when swinging his arms.What a dad!All this is new to me.I have a dad who run's to grab my bag in the airport with a warm hug.I was always taught how to give way since it was lady like.What has this world come to?Where is the manners?

Comments

  1. Nice dispatch and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you for your information.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Transparent

The beggar

My faith